Monday, June 1, 2015

A Breath of Fresh Air

SAQA, as an organization, has been around for over 25 years now.  Some of its members have been around longer than that!  ;-)  It should come as no surprise, then that more than a few of us have our share of grey hairs and when fatigue hits after a 12-hour day of multi-tasking between work (in studio and outside), home, family, and volunteering, we wonder how we can possibly keep up the pace.

We also wonder where we can get some new ideas, some fresh perspectives.  How can we energize the members in our Region -- let alone in the wider organization?

One of the answers to that question is "new blood" -- especially members on the younger side of...um...well, let's just say, on the younger side!  

On that note...

Let me introduce you to one of our own "fresh faces":  Coleen Adderley of Peachland, B.C. -- seasoned artist, young (under 40), well-educated mom and full-time Health Care admin professional -- and now our newest SAQA WC Co-Rep (B.C.)


Here's a bit about her...in her own words:
I began quilting in 1999 by making bedding for my first-born daughter. I quickly discovered that I'd found a creative outlet that had no limitations. Over the years I developed as a quilter and began to explore different techniques. Eventually I discovered I could combine my passion for nature, photography and fibres into one.
Today I teach a variety of different classes sharing my love for creating landscapes using various different techniques.  Recently my fibre art was published in the 1000 Quilt Inspirations book. I have had my work on display at National Juried shows, local venues and currently I have a piece that has been travelling for the past 2 years. Several of my pieces can be found around the world.
In addition to my passion for creating art I work full-time inHealth Care and have 3 beautiful daughters. In accepting the SAQAWestern Canada co-rep position I am committed to helping you makethe most of your membership.
To that end -- helping SAQA WC members to make the most of their membership -- Coleen has created a brief survey.  This link will be sent out again in an e-mail newsletter to all members -- but you need complete the survey only once!  ;-)

Please click on the link below to answer a quick survey on how we can best meet your needs. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R3MSDXQ

And...please welcome Coleen as our new SAQA WC Co-Rep (B.C.).  She plans to be at Quilt Canada on Friday and Saturday -- June 5 and 6 -- and will be at the SAQA Trunk Show booth at least part of that time.  Do look for her -- and drop by and say "Hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment