Monday, April 27, 2015

A Deadline Approacheth!

Did you realize that June 1 is the submission deadline for the 2015 SAQA Benefit Auction?

It is.  :-)

"Yellow Tree" - inspired by a song
written by Steve Martin
& Gary Scruggs
I'm on my way to Portland, OR on Wednesday to the SAQA International Conference, "Fiberlandia".  I'm taking with me ten art quilts that have been entered into the Auction for September: nine from generous artists who participated in our "Meet the Best of the West" touring exhibit...and one (new one - pictured left) of my own.  (Note: this photo taken just before facing was applied.  It's now finished and in my carry-on bag with the others.)

I was going to wait till my return to bug you about submitting to this year's auction but...why?  We've had snow here in Central Alberta, and it's still too cold to get into the garden so...If you've got some time for your studio in the next couple of weeks -- go for it!  :-)

Special thanks to these members for their "Best" donations:

  • Marie Barry, Sechelt, B.C.;
  • Rena Holma, Regina, SK;
  • Karen Johnson, Langley, B.C.;
  • Paula Jolly, Mossbank, SK;
  • Pippa Moore, Comox, B.C.;
  • Patti Morris, Red Deer, AB;
  • Patricia Scott, Edmonton, AB;
  • Linda Sharp, North Vancouver, B.C.,; and
  • Jill Sullivan, Sechelt, B.C.
Stay tuned for a Post-Conference Newsletter.  Meanwhile...maybe you too will be inspired by a song...



No comments:

Post a Comment